Virtual Attendance at the PastForward Conference, Nov. 15-18
October 12, 2016
If you can’t make it to PastForward 2016 next month, join us as a virtual attendee.
Live streaming at PastForward is FREE and can be done in the comfort of your home or the convenience of your office. While we want everyone to register as a full conference attendee and participate in all the programming, networking events, and conference experiences in Houston, we want to make sure even more people can take part in the important discussions that take place at PastForward.
Note: There is still time to register for the 2016 PastForward Conference. Online registration closes Fri., November 11.
2016 Virtual Programming
- Opening Plenary–Wednesday, November 16, 5:00-6:30 p.m. Featuring remarks from Stephanie K. Meeks, president and chief executive officer, National Trust for Historic Preservation, awards presentation, and more. Sponsored by Houston First Corporation.
- TrustLive: preservationLIVABILITY–Thursday, November 17, 2:30-3:30 p.m. Rick Lowe, community activist and artist, founder of Project Row Houses, will kick off a dialogue about preservation’s intersection with smart growth and sustainability in urban places.
- TrustLive: preservationPLACES–Thursday, November 17, 5:15-6:15 p.m. Nina Simon, executive director, Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History, will start a conversation on the ways we can animate historic places to better teach history, tell stories, and promote reconciliation. Sponsored by Preservation Leadership Forum.
- TrustLive: preservationVOICES–Friday, November 18, 8:45-9:45 a.m. John Valadez, documentary filmmaker, will lead a discussion on the role historic places play in social and environmental justice, and how they tell the full American story. Sponsored by National Park Service.
- Closing Luncheon–Friday, November 18, 1:00-2:30 p.m. Featuring speaker Theaster Gates, founder and executive director of Rebuild Foundation, a not-for-profit organization that endeavors to rebuild the cultural foundations of neighborhoods and incite movements of community revitalization that are culture-based, artist-led and neighborhood-driven. Sponsored by American Express.
All times are in Central.
Visit www.PastForwardConference.org for complete conference details.
Spread the Word and Get Social
Encourage your colleagues and peers to sign up for PastForward updates so they can stay up to date on registration details, the conference agenda, and special events.
Follow the PastForward Facebook events page for additional updates and photos. Be sure to click on the “Discussion” tab for the latest conference updates.