COP 21 NEWSLINE
LIVE FROM THE UN CLIMATE TALKS IN PARIS
In 2015 INTO is sending a strong delegation led by Oliver Maurice and made up of volunteers and staff from our member trusts.
See regular reports from Oliver and the team here:
- TrustLive: Resaving Saved Places Livestream (Feb. 5) — no cost to virtually attend
Is a place ever truly saved? Fifty years after the passage of the National Historic Preservation Act and decades since we secured the future of places like Larimar Square in Colorado and the Ashley River Road near Charleston, we find ourselves revisiting familiar places confronting new threats. Resaving Saved Places will feature a keynote by ...
- The clock is ticking in Katowice (Weekly blog, 14 December 2018) A blog by Catherine Leonard, Secretary-General
This week I have been in Katowice with the INTO team, facing into stark reminders of the ticking climate clock. This is the first time I have attended one of the UNFCCC Conferences of the Parties, or COPs. And it has certainly been eye-opening.
Flying saucers …
This was the second week ...
- Ups and Downs of a COP! A Blog from Katowice It does seem that INTO’s recent paper on Heritage Conservation and the SDGs is particularly timely in the light of much of the debate at this COP where climate change and the SDGs are inextricably connected. A summary of the recent IPCC report highlights this:
“The highly motivating, yet alarming findings of the IPCC Special Report ...
- Poland or Snowland ! A blog from COP 24 I arrived on Sunday evening at my Bed and Breakfast in the town of Chrzanow after landing at Krakow airport for my first visit to Poland. Chrzanow is located between Krakow and Katowice, the location of COP 24, and is about 35 km from the Conference Centre. When I booked the accommodation 3 months ago ...
- Essential Climate Solutions – Thursday December 13
- Visit our side event – Thursday 13 December
- Fit for the Future (Weekly blog, 4 November 2018) A blog by Catherine Leonard, Secretary-General
Recently I attended the Fit for the Future ‘Network Harvest’ here in London. Fit for the Future is an environmental sustainability network of charities, heritage organisations, cultural venues, public sector bodies and others. These groups work together in order to become more climate-friendly, adaptive and resilient. Once a year, the Fit ...
- Museums for climate justice We are posting this to share with you an email we received today:
I am writing to share with you a new video series, Taking Action on Climate Change, created by the Alberta Museums Association, the Coalition of Museums for Climate Justice and Shadow Light Productions. The videos address ways in which museum staff and ...
- New Zero Carbon Britian Report launched today! We received this information from our friends at the Zero Carbon Britain.
This summer the climate crisis became horrifically real for people experiencing record weather extremes from the United States to Japan and Bangladesh. We have produced the largest survey yet of scenarios for switching to climate friendly energy, and the good news is that they ...
- It’s happening NOW! People across the planet are Rising for Climate. Message received from our friends at the Rise for Climate Team!
Today, right now, people across the planet are Rising for Climate.
In 95 countries, at 850 events, we’re coming together to march, sing, and rally. To Rise together: for our climate, for justice, for a world free from fossil fuels.
You and I, and thousands of others, ...
- Free Livestreaming with Preservation Leadership Forum Upcoming Livestreaming Events: Climate Change and Intangible Heritage
Forum would like to invite you to two upcoming livestreaming events on Forum.SavingPlaces.org. Join both of these events online:
September 7: The Living Heritage Symposium will gather cultural heritage experts—from policy-makers to activists—working together to develop best practices for the treatment of cultural heritage, including intangible heritage.
September 12: The ...
- Yvette Dzakpasu interview during Talanoa Dialogue at UNFCCC Yvette Dzakpasu shared our stand in Bonn during COP 23.
This is an interview she did while in Bonn.
- Climate Heritage Mobilization Website Launched!
THE FOLLOWING IS A LETTER RECIEVED FROM OUR GOOD FRIENDS AT Climate Heritage Mobilization.
Friends of the Climate Heritage Mobilization,
We have launched the website for the Climate Heritage Mobilization and the Climate Heritage Network! The URL is: www.climateheritage.org. From this site you can register to attend the CH Mobilization, sign up for ...
- Rising sea levels come at steeper cost.
Rising sea levels come at steeper cost
Rising sea levels bring the prospect of more violence and expense. Four new studies confirm the menace of the waves.
By Tim Radford
LONDON, 2 March, 2018 – Delay in slowing rising sea levels is dangerous. Each five-year delay in limiting global carbon emissions into the atmosphere now will increase sea ...
- US/ICOMOS resolution on US involvement with World Heritage
In response to the US’s announced withdrawal from UNESCO, and recent information that the Trump administration is radically reducing US engagement in World Heritage matters, including by the NPS & State Department, US/ICOMOS has produced a resolution urging the US to maintain full engagement in the World Heritage Convention:
Resolution on the Engagement by the ...
- The devil’s in the COP 23 detail (From the Climate News Network) For a probably final look at the UN climate conference in Bonn, a Canadian writer explains what the COP 23 detail means.
By Mitchell Beer
OTTAWA, 21 November, 2017 – A key takeaway from this year’s United Nations climate change conference (COP 23) is that, when it comes to putting a practical foundation under the high-minded pronouncements ...
Anika Molesworth is also providing an INTO Farms perspective on the INTO Farms website. Click here to read it.
Three of our team have done COPTV presentations:
[embedplusvideo height=”361″ width=”590″ editlink=”http://bit.ly/1OaDDhk” standard=”http://www.youtube.com/v/9cYjN4D6pSg?fs=1″ vars=”ytid=9cYjN4D6pSg&width=590&height=361&start=&stop=&rs=w&hd=0&autoplay=0&react=1&chapters=¬es=” id=”ep8598″ /] [embedplusvideo height=”361″ width=”590″ editlink=”http://bit.ly/1OaDGcN” standard=”http://www.youtube.com/v/5zSr5ggnGks?fs=1″ vars=”ytid=5zSr5ggnGks&width=590&height=361&start=&stop=&rs=w&hd=0&autoplay=0&react=1&chapters=¬es=” id=”ep8680″ /]
[embedplusvideo height=”361″ width=”590″ editlink=”http://bit.ly/1Qxpdih” standard=”http://www.youtube.com/v/7Tu3tGXCLEY?fs=1″ vars=”ytid=7Tu3tGXCLEY&width=590&height=361&start=&stop=&rs=w&hd=0&autoplay=0&react=1&chapters=¬es=” id=”ep6033″ /]