OUR REPORTS FROM THE UN CLIMATE TALKS IN MARRAKECH
In 2016 INTO is sending a strong delegation led by Oliver Maurice and made up of volunteers and staff from our member trusts.
Oliver talking with Constance Okollet in Paris 2015
See regular reports from Oliver and the team here:
- TrustLive: Resaving Saved Places Livestream (Feb. 5) — no cost to virtually attend
Is a place ever truly saved? Fifty years after the passage of the National Historic Preservation Act and decades since we secured the future of places like Larimar Square in Colorado and the Ashley River Road near Charleston, we find ourselves revisiting familiar places confronting new threats. Resaving Saved Places will feature a keynote by ...
- The clock is ticking in Katowice (Weekly blog, 14 December 2018) A blog by Catherine Leonard, Secretary-General
This week I have been in Katowice with the INTO team, facing into stark reminders of the ticking climate clock. This is the first time I have attended one of the UNFCCC Conferences of the Parties, or COPs. And it has certainly been eye-opening.
Flying saucers …
This was the second week ...
- Ups and Downs of a COP! A Blog from Katowice It does seem that INTO’s recent paper on Heritage Conservation and the SDGs is particularly timely in the light of much of the debate at this COP where climate change and the SDGs are inextricably connected. A summary of the recent IPCC report highlights this:
“The highly motivating, yet alarming findings of the IPCC Special Report ...
- Poland or Snowland ! A blog from COP 24 I arrived on Sunday evening at my Bed and Breakfast in the town of Chrzanow after landing at Krakow airport for my first visit to Poland. Chrzanow is located between Krakow and Katowice, the location of COP 24, and is about 35 km from the Conference Centre. When I booked the accommodation 3 months ago ...
- Essential Climate Solutions – Thursday December 13
- Visit our side event – Thursday 13 December
- Fit for the Future (Weekly blog, 4 November 2018) A blog by Catherine Leonard, Secretary-General
Recently I attended the Fit for the Future ‘Network Harvest’ here in London. Fit for the Future is an environmental sustainability network of charities, heritage organisations, cultural venues, public sector bodies and others. These groups work together in order to become more climate-friendly, adaptive and resilient. Once a year, the Fit ...
- Museums for climate justice We are posting this to share with you an email we received today:
I am writing to share with you a new video series, Taking Action on Climate Change, created by the Alberta Museums Association, the Coalition of Museums for Climate Justice and Shadow Light Productions. The videos address ways in which museum staff and ...
- New Zero Carbon Britian Report launched today! We received this information from our friends at the Zero Carbon Britain.
This summer the climate crisis became horrifically real for people experiencing record weather extremes from the United States to Japan and Bangladesh. We have produced the largest survey yet of scenarios for switching to climate friendly energy, and the good news is that they ...
OLIVER’S PODCASTS – Listen Below – Subscribe on iTunes or Google Play
COP22 Final Report
In this the final podcast of the COP22 series Bill Turner interviews Oliver Maurice (INTO team leader at COP22) about the process, the impressions and the results.
COP22 Update Nov 18th, the final day.
This podcast was recorded on the conference floor at COP22 in Marrakech. Our INTO Team Leader Oliver Maurice and INTO Director Geoff Read report on the days activity.
Update from Marrakech – November 17th
In the update from COP22 in Marrakech our INTO team reports on a very busy day. Lots happening and reasons to be optimistic.
COP22 Update for November 16th
Recorded today on the conference floor in Marrakech, our INTO COP22 Team reports on todays activities.
COP 22 Update for November 15th
In this podcast we hear from Oliver Maurice, INTO Team Leader, Chloe Hampson, The National Trust, and Geoff Read, INTO Director. This podcast was recorded on the floor at COP 22 in Marrakech.
Update from COP 22 – The first week is nearly over.
INTO team leader Oliver Maurice reports on the first week at Marrakech. Oliver also tells us about the discussions about sustainable tourism. It has been a very satisfactory, if exhausting week for the team. Next week is the ‘big’ week and fortunately reinforcements are coming to join him.
COP22 Update number 3
In this podcast Oliver Maurice reports on the first two days of COP22. We also hear from Simone Mizzi of the National Trust of Malta about the impacts of climate change on the heritage assets of the island of Malta.
Update from Marrakech
Oliver Maurice reports on his arrival at Marrakech and preparations for COP22.
Preparing for COP 22 in Marrakech
COP 22 is just a week away (November 7 – 18th). We interview Oliver Maurice, INTO Director who is heading the international delegation to Marrakech on behalf of INTO. This will be the 6th COP meeting that Oliver has attended on our behalf, carrying the Dublin Declaration and the Victoria Declaration to the world audience. […]