OUR REPORTS FROM THE UN CLIMATE TALKS IN MARRAKECH
In 2016 INTO is sending a strong delegation led by Oliver Maurice and made up of volunteers and staff from our member trusts.
Oliver talking with Constance Okollet in Paris 2015
See regular reports from Oliver and the team here:
- Call for Presenters – Keeping History Above Water
Keeping History Above Water – Annapolis October 29 – November 1 2017
An international gathering on adapting historic coastal communities to sea level rise Hosted by the City of Annapolis with
Support from the Newport Restoration Foundation.
October 29 – November 1, 2017
Call for Presenters
Originally convened by the Newport Restoration Foundation in April 2016, Keeping History Above Water ...
- Past the finishing line 9th and final blog from COP 22 The marathon is over and I am now back in France having had a chance to sleep, draw breath and reflect on a remarkable COP. Why remarkable? Because having never had an official side event at the conference centre at previous COPs we managed no less than 4 in Marrakech. In Durban we held one ...
- A fond farewell to Marrakech 8th Blog from COP 22 So it is almost over. Geoff and I packed up the display in the stand this afternoon but not before we had both had an interesting morning at our various side events and through networking.
My morning started with an update from the UNFCCC Secretariat and then over to the Green Zone to the British Embassy ...
- Moonshine! 7th Blog from Marrakech Two nights ago we were watching a super-super moon where the moon appeared bigger and brighter than for many years. And it will be many years before it happens again.
This morning we had a little more moonshine in the form of Ban Ki-moon, the outgoing UN Secretary General. It was his last appearance at the ...
- Inspirational or what ? Blog 6 from COP 22
The man who has given his all to defend the world from the effects of climate change spoke inspirationally this morning to an audience of at least 800. John Kerry, Secretary of State for the US Government, gave a hugely uplifting speech on the state of play with climate change despite there being absolutely no ...
- How time flies when you are enjoying yourself! The 5th blog from Marrakech As usual it is quite hard to know exactly what is going on at the high level talks except for what one can glean from websites, the daily bulletin and so on but it is also necessary to find the time to read them! The first week has rushed by and we are already into ...
- COP 22 UPDATE Nov 12, 2016 – The age of new cultures – Poken
I had heard of Pokemon before I arrived here but never of Poken. Every booth and side event hall in the Blue zone is equipped with a small table-top tile and every delegate is given a hand shaped USB key which, on touching the tile, lights green indicating that it has downloaded all the information ...
- The TRUMPet shall sound! Well, well just like Brexit –all against the odds! And his statement regarding climate change has sent a chill through the corridors of the Green and Blue Zones here in Marrakech. See this for example:
So do we all pack up and go home – absolutely not. The determination to resist his statement is palpable.
So from ...
- COP 22 The first steps of the marathon
An encouraging start to what is going to be a busy programme. The only downside was the rain which had come down in torrents all night and continued through the first half of the morning ruining my ambition to do the walk each day and forcing me to take a taxi to the Centre instead. ...
OLIVER’S PODCASTS – Listen Below – Subscribe on iTunes or Google Play
COP22 Final Report
In this the final podcast of the COP22 series Bill Turner interviews Oliver Maurice (INTO team leader at COP22) about the process, the impressions and the results.
COP22 Update Nov 18th, the final day.
This podcast was recorded on the conference floor at COP22 in Marrakech. Our INTO Team Leader Oliver Maurice and INTO Director Geoff Read report on the days activity.
Update from Marrakech – November 17th
In the update from COP22 in Marrakech our INTO team reports on a very busy day. Lots happening and reasons to be optimistic.
COP22 Update for November 16th
Recorded today on the conference floor in Marrakech, our INTO COP22 Team reports on todays activities.
COP 22 Update for November 15th
In this podcast we hear from Oliver Maurice, INTO Team Leader, Chloe Hampson, The National Trust, and Geoff Read, INTO Director. This podcast was recorded on the floor at COP 22 in Marrakech.
Update from COP 22 – The first week is nearly over.
INTO team leader Oliver Maurice reports on the first week at Marrakech. Oliver also tells us about the discussions about sustainable tourism. It has been a very satisfactory, if exhausting week for the team. Next week is the ‘big’ week and fortunately reinforcements are coming to join him.
COP22 Update number 3
In this podcast Oliver Maurice reports on the first two days of COP22. We also hear from Simone Mizzi of the National Trust of Malta about the impacts of climate change on the heritage assets of the island of Malta.
Update from Marrakech
Oliver Maurice reports on his arrival at Marrakech and preparations for COP22.
Preparing for COP 22 in Marrakech
COP 22 is just a week away (November 7 – 18th). We interview Oliver Maurice, INTO Director who is heading the international delegation to Marrakech on behalf of INTO. This will be the 6th COP meeting that Oliver has attended on our behalf, carrying the Dublin Declaration and the Victoria Declaration to the world audience. […]