Media & Blog
- 10th Anniversary of the Launch of the Friends of Czech Heritage
INTO Associates, the Friends of Czech Heritage, will be celebrating their first ten years with a lecture in London on 26 October 2017.
Christine Sitwell, Paintings Conservation Adviser for the National Trust (England, Wales and Northern Ireland) will talk about the programme between the Trust and the NPÚ (the Czech National Heritage Institute) which has involved ...
- “Can the world’s special places be saved?” ask international cultural and conservation leaders
Ten years after being formed, INTO calls for greater support for special places at a time of massive climatic and political challenge
On the 11th September 2017 National Trust leaders from around the world will gather in Bali, Indonesia, for the biennial conference of the International National Trusts Organisation (INTO).
“In a changing world we have seen ...
- One week to go: American Express Heritage Leadership Panel (Wednesday 13 September)
We are delighted that the American Express Foundation is once again supporting the International Conference of National Trusts (ICNT), convening this year in Bali and co-hosted by the Indonesian Heritage Trust, Gianyar Regency and INTO.
This is the 17th such gathering of National Trusts and it’s an honour to be working with the American Express Foundation on ...
- Register Today for PastForward Preservation Conference in Chicago
Join your preservation peers and colleagues from across the country in Chicago, Nov. 14-17, for the premier educational and networking event for those who are passionate about saving places. This year, PastForward explores the next generation of preservation tools and techniques. Don’t miss out—register today at PastForwardConference.org
Our first early bird deadline is August 4 and ...
- Evening of Balinese Cultural Heritage, Friday 21 July INTO, the Indonesian Heritage Trust and the Gianyar Regency are delighted to invite you to an evening celebrating Balinese cultural heritage.
Bali is famous for its cultural landscapes, particularly the subak rice terraces and water temples, inscribed on the World Heritage List in 2012. But it’s Bali’s wonderful intangible heritage (also recognised by UNESCO) which we ...
- Volunteering Webinar – Recording now available We held this special webinar on Friday 9th June 2017
YOU CAN WATCH THE RECORDING OF IT NOW
OR DOWN LOAD IT AS A PODCAST.
The overall goal of this webinar was to build capacity for volunteering amongst the INTO membership. We started with the following questions:
What percentage of your workforce is voluntary?
How are volunteers recruited and trained?
Do you have the ...
- World Heritage Day 2017 Lecture is now available as a video. On April 18th, 2017, INTO Chair, Dame Fiona Reynolds made this inspiring presentation in Cambridge.
- 10 reasons we should all care about World Heritage Sites (WWF Report, April 2017)
To mark World Heritage Day on Tuesday 18 April, our colleagues at WWF released a new report showing that almost half (45%) of the world’s most special places are being plagued by the illegal wildlife trade. World Heritage sites cover about 0.5 per cent of the Earth’s surface and contain some of the planet’s most ...
- Tradition, technology and teachings – A balancing act in building sustainable farming communities Part 1 of 2
Lessons from the past
On farms around the world, teachings from the past can provide lessons for the future. If one takes a pause from our fast-paced modern world, and listens to the stories of yesteryear, it becomes apparent the virtue of traditional knowledge, heirloom breeds and the benefit of adopting heritage ...
- INTO mobilising young people in fight to preserve cultural identity
Musicians in Hariharpur, Indian Trust for Rural Heritage and Development
Today (18 April 2017), the International National Trusts Organisation (INTO) launches a new resource, ‘Trust Kids!’, a list of 25 things young people can do to explore, celebrate, preserve and share their cultural heritage
In her annual World Heritage Day Lecture, Dame Fiona Reynolds, Chairman of INTO, warns ...
- Global Meetup – March 28th – Highlights now available for listening. Our Global, Online Meetups have been a great way to share our successes, to seek advice and generally to be inspired by the work of member trusts around the world.
If you missed the live meeting, you can now listen to the highlights of the meeting below.
- Annual World Heritage Day Lecture, 18 April 2017
Dame Fiona Reynolds, Chairman of INTO, will be giving a public lecture on Tuesday 18 April at Emmanuel College, Cambridge about the importance of preserving our intangible cultural heritage and how we can encourage the next generation to protect, promote and pass it on.
The lecture starts at 11.30 and will finish with a glass of ...