Media & Blog
- Secretariat News (July – September 2018) Latest news from the INTO Secretariat
In June, Bill and Catherine joined the Trustees in New York, kindly hosted by the National Trust for Historic Preservation. It was a great meeting but it was also wonderful to see something of the Trust’s operations (at Lyndhurst and the Philip Johnson Glasshouse) and meet some of their contacts ...
- Volunteer position with CCFU in Uganda
In order to grow their heritage promotion and preservation activities across Uganda, the CCFU are currently recruiting a long-term volunteer … could it be you?
Please see the attached terms of reference and do contact us or CCFU directly for further information.
- Magazine articles: INTO the news …
A few years ago, we worked with the National Trust of England, Wales and Northern Ireland to establish a regular column in their magazine. The National Trust Magazine goes to all Trust members three times a year in spring, summer and autumn, and has a circulation of around 2.3 million people. You can find more information at www.nationaltrust.org.uk/magazine.
Each issue now ...
- Free Livestreaming with Preservation Leadership Forum Upcoming Livestreaming Events: Climate Change and Intangible Heritage
Forum would like to invite you to two upcoming livestreaming events on Forum.SavingPlaces.org. Join both of these events online:
September 7: The Living Heritage Symposium will gather cultural heritage experts—from policy-makers to activists—working together to develop best practices for the treatment of cultural heritage, including intangible heritage.
September 12: The ...
- One Planet Network Monthly Update: August 2018 The One Planet network formed to implement the 10 Year Framework of Programmes on
Sustainable Consumption and Production (10YFP).
The One Planet network had a significant presence at the High Level Political Forum 2018, organising and participating in several events and securing high-level political support at the official review of SDG 12 and other events.
A short video ...
- Climate Heritage Mobilization Website Launched!
THE FOLLOWING IS A LETTER RECIEVED FROM OUR GOOD FRIENDS AT Climate Heritage Mobilization.
Friends of the Climate Heritage Mobilization,
We have launched the website for the Climate Heritage Mobilization and the Climate Heritage Network! The URL is: www.climateheritage.org. From this site you can register to attend the CH Mobilization, sign up for ...
- Trustees meeting: Outcomes and Impact (Weekly blog, 8 July 2018) A blog by Catherine Leonard, Secretary-General
I described the ‘fun’ bits of our Trustees meeting in my last blog. Here’s a summary of the official content!
The Trustees agreed that we must continue to focus on member retention and recruitment. They did not feel it was right to charge for services, unless as a ...
- Secretariat Report (April – June 2018) Latest news from the INTO Secretariat
This quarter the Secretariat continued to make progress on our Family, Growth, Voice and Strength strategies (described in more detail below).
In addition we have put a lot of energy into the forthcoming Trustees meeting, the objectives of which touch on all our strategies. Working face-to-face on the INTO business plan; ...
- Tuesday 19 June 2018: “To be or not to be an aristocrat with a chateau to keep …”
We are delighted to share details of the Czech National Trust’s annual London event:
When: 19th June 2018 at 6.30pm
Where: St John’s Notting Hill, London W11 2NN
Event: Historic UNESCO town of Telc – an exhibition and debate “To be or not to be an aristocrat with a chateau to keep …”
Docent Josef Stulc, former ...
- Amazing Amicus member receives NT Long Service Award TREVOR JOHNSON INTO AMICUS
Trevor Johnson has been contributing to his community all his life. Over 15 years ago, Trevor decided to volunteer with the National Trust in the Shropshire Hills. Trevor joined the volunteer team at the Carding Mill Valley (near Church Stretton). The volunteer work that Trevor does is mostly countryside maintenance, trail maintenante, ...
- Brilliant Follies at Studley Royal The National Trust property of Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal is stunningly beautiful and it is a World Heritage Site. It receives about 600,000 visitors each year. There are so many reasons to visit this property. From now until November 4th there is an extra reason to visit.
Working with support of the Trust New Art, ...
- Secretariat Report (February – April 2018)
Latest news from the INTO Secretariat
Whilst our usual activity (described below under Family, Growth, Voice and Strength) continued this quarter, the Secretariat has been involved more than usually in UK-focused conversations. Mostly about what international heritage co-operation might look like post-Brexit.
We were delighted to feature in a report published by The Heritage Alliance’s earlier this month (left) on the ...