Media & Blog
- Trustees meeting: Outcomes and Impact (Weekly blog, 8 July 2018) A blog by Catherine Leonard, Secretary-General
I described the ‘fun’ bits of our Trustees meeting in my last blog. Here’s a summary of the official content!
The Trustees agreed that we must continue to focus on member retention and recruitment. They did not feel it was right to charge for services, unless as a ...
- Secretariat Report (April – June 2018) Latest news from the INTO Secretariat
This quarter the Secretariat continued to make progress on our Family, Growth, Voice and Strength strategies (described in more detail below).
In addition we have put a lot of energy into the forthcoming Trustees meeting, the objectives of which touch on all our strategies. Working face-to-face on the INTO business plan; ...
- Tuesday 19 June 2018: “To be or not to be an aristocrat with a chateau to keep …”
We are delighted to share details of the Czech National Trust’s annual London event:
When: 19th June 2018 at 6.30pm
Where: St John’s Notting Hill, London W11 2NN
Event: Historic UNESCO town of Telc – an exhibition and debate “To be or not to be an aristocrat with a chateau to keep …”
Docent Josef Stulc, former ...
- Amazing Amicus member receives NT Long Service Award TREVOR JOHNSON INTO AMICUS
Trevor Johnson has been contributing to his community all his life. Over 15 years ago, Trevor decided to volunteer with the National Trust in the Shropshire Hills. Trevor joined the volunteer team at the Carding Mill Valley (near Church Stretton). The volunteer work that Trevor does is mostly countryside maintenance, trail maintenante, ...
- Brilliant Follies at Studley Royal The National Trust property of Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal is stunningly beautiful and it is a World Heritage Site. It receives about 600,000 visitors each year. There are so many reasons to visit this property. From now until November 4th there is an extra reason to visit.
Working with support of the Trust New Art, ...
- Secretariat Report (February – April 2018)
Latest news from the INTO Secretariat
Whilst our usual activity (described below under Family, Growth, Voice and Strength) continued this quarter, the Secretariat has been involved more than usually in UK-focused conversations. Mostly about what international heritage co-operation might look like post-Brexit.
We were delighted to feature in a report published by The Heritage Alliance’s earlier this month (left) on the ...
- US/ICOMOS resolution on US involvement with World Heritage
In response to the US’s announced withdrawal from UNESCO, and recent information that the Trump administration is radically reducing US engagement in World Heritage matters, including by the NPS & State Department, US/ICOMOS has produced a resolution urging the US to maintain full engagement in the World Heritage Convention:
Resolution on the Engagement by the ...
- Richard H. Driehaus Foundation National Preservation Awards Awarded at PastForward Conference
The National Trust for Historic Preservation recognized its annual series of Preservation Awards recipients last November at the PastForward Conference in Chicago. Among the award categories is the coveted Richard H. Driehaus Foundation National Preservation Awards, which recognize and celebrate the country’s best preservation projects—projects that highlight cutting-edge preservation approaches or technologies. This is the highest national recognition bestowed ...
- Secretariat Report (December 2017 – January 2018)
Latest news from the INTO Secretariat
Our first on-line Secretariat Report (November 2017) was widely welcomed. So here is a similar-style note of the last two months.
December and January have been relatively quiet and a good opportunity to consolidate. Thus we have been looking forward to the new Business Plan and objectives for next year. And ...
- INTO is 10 years old! (3 December 2017) #10yearsofINTO
2007 was the year the world began to discover the scale of the financial crisis. Apple unveiled the “iphone”. The Saffron Revolution took place in Myanmar. JK Rowling published her final Harry Potter story. And the International National Trusts Organisations was launched on 3 December in New Delhi.
Given the impending reduction in funding available ...
- Secretariat Report, November 2017
Welcome to our new look Secretariat Report !
For every Board meeting, the INTO Secretariat prepares a detailed report of activities.
We’ve tried different ways of doing this and this is our first ‘web page’ version.
As ever, progress is reported against strategic priorities: Family, Growth, Voice and Strength.
We are currently developing our new Business Plan, building on ...
- Leaving on a high! The 8th blog from COP 23 How time flies when you are enjoying yourself though somehow the end came almost too suddenly and as I walked away from the Bonn Zone on Friday afternoon and left behind the memories of all the great people I had met during the previous 2 weeks, I felt a distinct tinge of sadness. Having said ...