News from our Members
- The World Travel and Tourism Council announces 2019 Tourism for Tomorrow Awards finalists The World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) is delighted to announce the 15 finalists for its 2019 Tourism for Tomorrow Awards. The 2019 finalists are organised into the following new categories: Climate Action, Investing in People, Destination Stewardship, Social Impact and Changemakers.
The Changemakers Award will put a special spotlight on fighting the illegal wildlife trade ...
- Preservation Leadership Forum is hosting two free webinars in January Preservation Leadership Forum is hosting two free webinars in January—Opportunity Zones and the Preservation Community< on January 17 and Rosenwald Schools GIS Project on January 30. Visit Forum.SavingPlaces.org/forum-webinar for more details.
- Videos from the November PastForward conference in San Francisco now posted
Watch select programming from last year’s PastForward conference in San Francisco on the #PastForward18 YouTube Playlist. The playlist includes the TrustLive presentations, which kicked off conversations around the main PastForward 2018 themes: the culture-nature connection, intangible heritage, and resilience. Videos of the awards presentations, as well as the Opening and Closing remarks are available on the playlist.
- Preservation Awards: Call for Nominations
Nominate a Deserving Individual, Organization, or Project Now!
The call for nominations for the 2019 National Preservation Awards is now open. Honor the people, places, and organizations making a difference and submit your nominations by February 1.
Award categories include:
Richard H. Driehaus Foundation National Preservation Awards: Celebrating the “best of the best” in preservation projects.
The Louise du ...
- Zanzibar Stone Town Heritage Society (ZSTHS)
Zanzibar Stone Town Heritage Society (ZSTHS) is a non-governmental Organization registered in Zanzibar in July, 2002. The main activity of the Organization is to preserve and conserve the Zanzibar Stone Town, which is a world heritage site, approved by UNESCO. The Organization has over 200 members, gaining both recognition and respect locally with government institutions ...
- Petra National Trust We are delighted to welcome Petra National Trust to INTO!
Petra National Trust (PNT) was established in 1989 as a Jordanian non-governmental organisation, which aims to promote and coordinate Jordanian and international efforts to preserve the unique combination of antiquities, natural environment and human traditions in the Petra region. PNT has worked to bring together people ...
- PastForward Preservation Conference–Livestreaming Nov 13-16
Virtually Attend the PastForward Preservation Conference for Free
PastForward is the premier educational and networking event for those who are passionate about saving places, and if you can’t be there in person in San Francisco, join virtually November 13-16. Select conference programming including the Welcome Address and the Closing Luncheon will be livestreamed. In addition, the ...
- Joining Rempart at the Salon du Patrimoine on 27 October 2018
We are delighted to have been invited to participate in a debate hosted by INTO members, Union REMPART as part of the 2018 International Heritage Fair.
Each year, REMPART offers to more than 3,500 people from France and abroad an experience of heritage through participatory, collective and civic action. Because heritage has no borders, REMPART and ...
- HTHP Forum Seeking Articles About Intangible Heritage The Preservation Leadership Forum at the National Trust for Historic Preservation is soliciting article submissions for a forthcoming Forum Journal issue dedicated to intangible heritage.
In our effort to represent all the histories that comprise the full American story, preservationists are learning how much of what we need to save is intangible. We must find ways ...
- Free Livestreaming with Preservation Leadership Forum Upcoming Livestreaming Events: Climate Change and Intangible Heritage
Forum would like to invite you to two upcoming livestreaming events on Forum.SavingPlaces.org. Join both of these events online:
September 7: The Living Heritage Symposium will gather cultural heritage experts—from policy-makers to activists—working together to develop best practices for the treatment of cultural heritage, including intangible heritage.
September 12: The ...
- Preservation Leadership Training Intensive at PastForward Conference, Nov. 13 in San Francisco
Held during the PastForward Conference in San Francisco, the Preservation Leadership Training (PLT) Intensives on Tuesday, November 13 are day-long, highly-focused, skill-building sessions that are a value-add for the preservation professional. This year there will be a training on the latest in preservation law, as well as a hands-on cultural landscape assessment workshop. Add a ...
- Register Today and Save for the PastForward Preservation Conference in San Francisco
Register Today and Save for the PastForward Preservation Conference in San Francisco
Register by July 31 and save for the premier educational and networking event for those who are passionate about saving places. This year PastForward will feature iconic San Francisco, but also show you a progressive city that is tackling climate change and urban density ...
- Announcing the Winners of the Schools Cultural Heritage Competition Ms Emily Drani, Executive Director and Mr John De Coninck, Programme Advisor from the Cross-Cultural Foundation of Uganda (CCFU) developed a concept for a project reflecting their conviction that we must focus much of our work on the youth and a desire to share the lessons they have learned from their work to support “Heritage ...
- Two-week Summer Preservation Fellow in Pocantico, NY–Applications due Mar 30 Apply for a Two-Week Preservation Fellowship
Applications for the 2018 Pocantico Center Preservation Fellowship are due March 30. This two-week residential fellowship in July at the historic Marcel Breuer House in Pocantico Hills, NY, allows for dedicated time for a defined project with significant benefit to the preservation field. Visit Forum.SavingPlaces.org/Pocantico for complete details and online ...
- Richard H. Driehaus Foundation National Preservation Awards Awarded at PastForward Conference
The National Trust for Historic Preservation recognized its annual series of Preservation Awards recipients last November at the PastForward Conference in Chicago. Among the award categories is the coveted Richard H. Driehaus Foundation National Preservation Awards, which recognize and celebrate the country’s best preservation projects—projects that highlight cutting-edge preservation approaches or technologies. This is the highest national recognition bestowed ...
- Storytelling Tech Webinar January 16th
The National Trust for Historic Preservation (US) is hosting a FREE webinar:
Storytelling Tech Webinar Jan. 16
Register today for a FREE webinar from Preservation Leadership Forum featuring three projects that leverage digital technology to tell the broader American story. Hear practical tips and learn more about exciting new tools.
Did you miss PastForward 2017? Or ...
- Request for support from the National Trust for Historic Preservation (USA)
On Monday, President Trump announced an 85 percent reduction in the land area of Bears Ears National Monument in southeast Utah. This is a monumental mistake. Join us in urging your lawmakers in Washington to show their support for the preservation of this priceless cultural landscape.
In the words of Utah Navajo elder Mark Maryboy, “Bears ...
- CAPITALizing on Heritage National Trust for Canada – APT 2017 Joint Conference
CAPITALizing on Heritage
In association with the Canadian Association of Heritage Professionals
Conference Videos and Photos now online
The National Trust for Canada – APT Joint Conference, CAPITALizing on Heritage, that wrapped up October 14, was the largest heritage conference ever held in Canada with 1,133 registered delegates, 7 streams ...
- PastForward Preservation Conference: Virtual Attendance If you can’t make it to PastForward 2017 next month (Nov. 14-17), join as a virtual attendee.
Livestreaming at PastForward is FREE and can be done in the comfort of your home or the convenience of your office. The Opening Plenary and Closing Luncheon, as well as the TrustLive presentations focusing on preservation and health, technology, and ...
- 10th Anniversary of the Launch of the Friends of Czech Heritage
INTO Associates, the Friends of Czech Heritage, will be celebrating their first ten years with a lecture in London on 26 October 2017.
Christine Sitwell, Paintings Conservation Adviser for the National Trust (England, Wales and Northern Ireland) will talk about the programme between the Trust and the NPÚ (the Czech National Heritage Institute) which has involved ...
- Global Meetup – March 28th – Highlights now available for listening. Our Global, Online Meetups have been a great way to share our successes, to seek advice and generally to be inspired by the work of member trusts around the world.
If you missed the live meeting, you can now listen to the highlights of the meeting below.
- 3Rd Caribbean Conference, Website now Live! Making heritage matter
Making heritage matter
Welcome to the brand-new website for the 3rd Caribbean conference of national trusts and preservation societies. Visit www.curacaoheritage.com, where you’ll find all the information for the November 2017 heritage conference. Discover the subject areas, program details, conference rates and accommodation information. We’ll be posting regular updates on the program, activities, the key-note speakers and ...
- Call for Presenters – Keeping History Above Water
Keeping History Above Water – Annapolis October 29 – November 1 2017
An international gathering on adapting historic coastal communities to sea level rise Hosted by the City of Annapolis with
Support from the Newport Restoration Foundation.
October 29 – November 1, 2017
Call for Presenters
Originally convened by the Newport Restoration Foundation in April 2016, Keeping History Above Water ...
- ICNT 17 Program Announced Subject to change.
Sunday, 10 September 2017
INTO Executive Committee Meeting
Venue: Wana Ubud Resort, Desa Nyuh Kuning
09.30-10.00: Registration & Coffee-Tea
10.00-12.00: INTO Executive Meeting
13.00-15.00: INTO Executive Meeting continued
15.00-15.30: Coffee Tea break
15.30-17.00: Heritage Walk at Desa Nyuh Kuning
Parallel: registration for ICNT 2017 delegates open from 12.00 at lobby of Wana Ubud Resort.
Monday, 11 September 2017
1). Opening of ICNT ...