News from our Members
- Announcing the Winners of the Schools Cultural Heritage Competition Ms Emily Drani, Executive Director and Mr John De Coninck, Programme Advisor from the Cross-Cultural Foundation of Uganda (CCFU) developed a concept for a project reflecting their conviction that we must focus much of our work on the youth and a desire to share the lessons they have learned from their work to support “Heritage ...
- Two-week Summer Preservation Fellow in Pocantico, NY–Applications due Mar 30 Apply for a Two-Week Preservation Fellowship
Applications for the 2018 Pocantico Center Preservation Fellowship are due March 30. This two-week residential fellowship in July at the historic Marcel Breuer House in Pocantico Hills, NY, allows for dedicated time for a defined project with significant benefit to the preservation field. Visit Forum.SavingPlaces.org/Pocantico for complete details and online ...
- Richard H. Driehaus Foundation National Preservation Awards Awarded at PastForward Conference
The National Trust for Historic Preservation recognized its annual series of Preservation Awards recipients last November at the PastForward Conference in Chicago. Among the award categories is the coveted Richard H. Driehaus Foundation National Preservation Awards, which recognize and celebrate the country’s best preservation projects—projects that highlight cutting-edge preservation approaches or technologies. This is the highest national recognition bestowed ...
- Storytelling Tech Webinar January 16th
The National Trust for Historic Preservation (US) is hosting a FREE webinar:
Storytelling Tech Webinar Jan. 16
Register today for a FREE webinar from Preservation Leadership Forum featuring three projects that leverage digital technology to tell the broader American story. Hear practical tips and learn more about exciting new tools.
Did you miss PastForward 2017? Or ...
- Request for support from the National Trust for Historic Preservation (USA)
On Monday, President Trump announced an 85 percent reduction in the land area of Bears Ears National Monument in southeast Utah. This is a monumental mistake. Join us in urging your lawmakers in Washington to show their support for the preservation of this priceless cultural landscape.
In the words of Utah Navajo elder Mark Maryboy, “Bears ...
- CAPITALizing on Heritage National Trust for Canada – APT 2017 Joint Conference
CAPITALizing on Heritage
In association with the Canadian Association of Heritage Professionals
Conference Videos and Photos now online
The National Trust for Canada – APT Joint Conference, CAPITALizing on Heritage, that wrapped up October 14, was the largest heritage conference ever held in Canada with 1,133 registered delegates, 7 streams ...
- PastForward Preservation Conference: Virtual Attendance If you can’t make it to PastForward 2017 next month (Nov. 14-17), join as a virtual attendee.
Livestreaming at PastForward is FREE and can be done in the comfort of your home or the convenience of your office. The Opening Plenary and Closing Luncheon, as well as the TrustLive presentations focusing on preservation and health, technology, and ...
- 10th Anniversary of the Launch of the Friends of Czech Heritage
INTO Associates, the Friends of Czech Heritage, will be celebrating their first ten years with a lecture in London on 26 October 2017.
Christine Sitwell, Paintings Conservation Adviser for the National Trust (England, Wales and Northern Ireland) will talk about the programme between the Trust and the NPÚ (the Czech National Heritage Institute) which has involved ...
- Global Meetup – March 28th – Highlights now available for listening. Our Global, Online Meetups have been a great way to share our successes, to seek advice and generally to be inspired by the work of member trusts around the world.
If you missed the live meeting, you can now listen to the highlights of the meeting below.
- 3Rd Caribbean Conference, Website now Live! Making heritage matter
Making heritage matter
Welcome to the brand-new website for the 3rd Caribbean conference of national trusts and preservation societies. Visit www.curacaoheritage.com, where you’ll find all the information for the November 2017 heritage conference. Discover the subject areas, program details, conference rates and accommodation information. We’ll be posting regular updates on the program, activities, the key-note speakers and ...
- Call for Presenters – Keeping History Above Water
Keeping History Above Water – Annapolis October 29 – November 1 2017
An international gathering on adapting historic coastal communities to sea level rise Hosted by the City of Annapolis with
Support from the Newport Restoration Foundation.
October 29 – November 1, 2017
Call for Presenters
Originally convened by the Newport Restoration Foundation in April 2016, Keeping History Above Water ...
- ICNT 17 Program Announced Subject to change.
Sunday, 10 September 2017
INTO Executive Committee Meeting
Venue: Wana Ubud Resort, Desa Nyuh Kuning
09.30-10.00: Registration & Coffee-Tea
10.00-12.00: INTO Executive Meeting
13.00-15.00: INTO Executive Meeting continued
15.00-15.30: Coffee Tea break
15.30-17.00: Heritage Walk at Desa Nyuh Kuning
Parallel: registration for ICNT 2017 delegates open from 12.00 at lobby of Wana Ubud Resort.
Monday, 11 September 2017
1). Opening of ICNT ...
- Apply for a Two-week Preservation Fellowship Apply for a Two-Week Preservation Fellowship
Spend two weeks in July at the Marcel Breuer House in NY working on your preservation project through the 2017 Pocantico Fellowship. Applications are due March 31. Visit Forum.SavingPlaces.org/Pocantico for complete details.
- INTRODUCING THE NATIONAL TRUST FOR CANADA WEBINAR SERIES
Looking to start your New Year on the right foot? We’re launching a new webinar series chalk full of creative ideas and practical solutions to save and renew your heritage place. Whether you are working for a non-profit organization, actively involved in the regeneration of a heritage place, or planning for a downtown revitalization, ...
- PastForward 2016 Video’s now on-line 2016 PastForward Videos
If you couldn’t make it to PastForward last month, now’s your chance to see what all the fuss was about. Watch and share videos from last month’s conference on YouTube. Available videos include the Opening Plenary with keynotes by the National Trust for Historic Preservation’s Stephanie Meeks, Stephen Klineberg from the Kinder Institute ...
- Virtually Attend the PastForward Conference for Free
If you can’t make it to the National Trust for Historic Preservation’s annual conference, PastForward, Nov. 15-18 in Houston, join us virtually for free. Select conference programming will be live-streamed. as a virtual attendee today.
If you can’t make it to the National Trust for Historic Preservation’s annual conference, PastForward, Nov. 15-18 in Houston, ...
- Save the date 3rd Caribbean Conference National Trusts & Preservation
You are cordially invited to the 3rd Caribbean Conference National Trusts and Preservation Societies, which will be held in Curaçao in November 2017, hosted by Stichting Monumentenzorg Curaçao. Information regarding registration will follow soon.
- Virtual Attendance at the PastForward Conference, Nov. 15-18
If you can’t make it to PastForward 2016 next month, join us as a virtual attendee.
Live streaming at PastForward is FREE and can be done in the comfort of your home or the convenience of your office. While we want everyone to register as a full conference attendee and participate in all the programming, networking events, ...
- Sierra Leone National Trust – Small Grant Program Success
This is a unique INTO-supported program to raise awareness of the Slave Trade sourced though Bunce Island (“a wharehouse of Humanity”) to enable these issues to be highlighted at source for the first time we think in West Africa. The Island had been abandoned for some 200 years. Our new member Sierra Leone National Trust ...
- preservationPLACES (PastForward 2016 November 15-18) USA
This year at PastForward, November 15-18 in Houston we’re exploring how the activation of historic places can better teach history, tell stories, and promote reconciliation and healing. With the preservationPLACES track, discover how historic site stewardship, interpretation, and planning are evolving to address contemporary challenges and make sites vital and relevant resources in their communities.
- The Past and Future City: A new book by Stephanie Meeks NTHP (USA) From the National Trust for Historic Preservation (USA).
We’re pleased to announce the publication of The Past and Future City by our President and CEO, Stephanie Meeks. This book explores the many ways in which saving and restoring historic fabric can help a city create thriving neighborhoods, good jobs, and a vibrant economy.
With her co-author Kevin ...
- The Bermuda National Trust e-newsletter
Protecting Endemic Species
We are currently in the process of creating a Conservation Management Plan for our two islands located in Ely’s Harbour, Palm Island and Morgan’s Island. These islands form a valuable habitat, detached from the main island. Both have a healthy population of endemic species but over the years several invasive species have taken ...
- Fiona Reynolds’ presentation at the British School in Rome, 14 September 2016
In her presentation at the British School in Rome on 14 September, co-hosted by FAI, the Italian National Trust, Fiona Reynolds, Chairman of INTO, spoke about the role of public-private partnerships in heritage preservation.
Drawing on examples from across the world, Fiona highlighted the importance of partnership. “Since the very beginning,” she said “public and private ...
- Apply for EU Prize for Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards by 1 October 2016 The European Union Prize for Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards is Europe’s highest honour in the heritage field. It recognises the best restoration projects; the most impressive research; the most dedicated heritage professionals and volunteers; and the finest awareness raising, training and educational programmes.
Architects, craftsmen, cultural heritage experts, professionals and volunteers, public and private ...