News from our Members
- Global Meetup – March 28th – Highlights now available for listening. Our Global, Online Meetups have been a great way to share our successes, to seek advice and generally to be inspired by the work of member trusts around the world.
If you missed the live meeting, you can now listen to the highlights of the meeting below.
- 3Rd Caribbean Conference, Website now Live! Making heritage matter
Making heritage matter
Welcome to the brand-new website for the 3rd Caribbean conference of national trusts and preservation societies. Visit www.curacaoheritage.com, where you’ll find all the information for the November 2017 heritage conference. Discover the subject areas, program details, conference rates and accommodation information. We’ll be posting regular updates on the program, activities, the key-note speakers and ...
- Call for Presenters – Keeping History Above Water
Keeping History Above Water – Annapolis October 29 – November 1 2017
An international gathering on adapting historic coastal communities to sea level rise Hosted by the City of Annapolis with
Support from the Newport Restoration Foundation.
October 29 – November 1, 2017
Call for Presenters
Originally convened by the Newport Restoration Foundation in April 2016, Keeping History Above Water ...
- ICNT 17 Program Announced Subject to change.
Sunday, 10 September 2017
INTO Executive Committee Meeting
Venue: Wana Ubud Resort, Desa Nyuh Kuning
09.30-10.00: Registration & Coffee-Tea
10.00-12.00: INTO Executive Meeting
13.00-15.00: INTO Executive Meeting continued
15.00-15.30: Coffee Tea break
15.30-17.00: Heritage Walk at Desa Nyuh Kuning
Parallel: registration for ICNT 2017 delegates open from 12.00 at lobby of Wana Ubud Resort.
Monday, 11 September 2017
1). Opening of ICNT ...
- Apply for a Two-week Preservation Fellowship Apply for a Two-Week Preservation Fellowship
Spend two weeks in July at the Marcel Breuer House in NY working on your preservation project through the 2017 Pocantico Fellowship. Applications are due March 31. Visit Forum.SavingPlaces.org/Pocantico for complete details.
- INTRODUCING THE NATIONAL TRUST FOR CANADA WEBINAR SERIES
Looking to start your New Year on the right foot? We’re launching a new webinar series chalk full of creative ideas and practical solutions to save and renew your heritage place. Whether you are working for a non-profit organization, actively involved in the regeneration of a heritage place, or planning for a downtown revitalization, ...
- PastForward 2016 Video’s now on-line 2016 PastForward Videos
If you couldn’t make it to PastForward last month, now’s your chance to see what all the fuss was about. Watch and share videos from last month’s conference on YouTube. Available videos include the Opening Plenary with keynotes by the National Trust for Historic Preservation’s Stephanie Meeks, Stephen Klineberg from the Kinder Institute ...
- Virtually Attend the PastForward Conference for Free
If you can’t make it to the National Trust for Historic Preservation’s annual conference, PastForward, Nov. 15-18 in Houston, join us virtually for free. Select conference programming will be live-streamed. as a virtual attendee today.
If you can’t make it to the National Trust for Historic Preservation’s annual conference, PastForward, Nov. 15-18 in Houston, ...
- Save the date 3rd Caribbean Conference National Trusts & Preservation
You are cordially invited to the 3rd Caribbean Conference National Trusts and Preservation Societies, which will be held in Curaçao in November 2017, hosted by Stichting Monumentenzorg Curaçao. Information regarding registration will follow soon.
- Virtual Attendance at the PastForward Conference, Nov. 15-18
If you can’t make it to PastForward 2016 next month, join us as a virtual attendee.
Live streaming at PastForward is FREE and can be done in the comfort of your home or the convenience of your office. While we want everyone to register as a full conference attendee and participate in all the programming, networking events, ...
- Sierra Leone National Trust – Small Grant Program Success
This is a unique INTO-supported program to raise awareness of the Slave Trade sourced though Bunce Island (“a wharehouse of Humanity”) to enable these issues to be highlighted at source for the first time we think in West Africa. The Island had been abandoned for some 200 years. Our new member Sierra Leone National Trust ...
- preservationPLACES (PastForward 2016 November 15-18) USA
This year at PastForward, November 15-18 in Houston we’re exploring how the activation of historic places can better teach history, tell stories, and promote reconciliation and healing. With the preservationPLACES track, discover how historic site stewardship, interpretation, and planning are evolving to address contemporary challenges and make sites vital and relevant resources in their communities.
- The Past and Future City: A new book by Stephanie Meeks NTHP (USA) From the National Trust for Historic Preservation (USA).
We’re pleased to announce the publication of The Past and Future City by our President and CEO, Stephanie Meeks. This book explores the many ways in which saving and restoring historic fabric can help a city create thriving neighborhoods, good jobs, and a vibrant economy.
With her co-author Kevin ...
- The Bermuda National Trust e-newsletter
Protecting Endemic Species
We are currently in the process of creating a Conservation Management Plan for our two islands located in Ely’s Harbour, Palm Island and Morgan’s Island. These islands form a valuable habitat, detached from the main island. Both have a healthy population of endemic species but over the years several invasive species have taken ...
- Fiona Reynolds’ presentation at the British School in Rome, 14 September 2016
In her presentation at the British School in Rome on 14 September, co-hosted by FAI, the Italian National Trust, Fiona Reynolds, Chairman of INTO, spoke about the role of public-private partnerships in heritage preservation.
Drawing on examples from across the world, Fiona highlighted the importance of partnership. “Since the very beginning,” she said “public and private ...
- Apply for EU Prize for Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards by 1 October 2016 The European Union Prize for Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards is Europe’s highest honour in the heritage field. It recognises the best restoration projects; the most impressive research; the most dedicated heritage professionals and volunteers; and the finest awareness raising, training and educational programmes.
Architects, craftsmen, cultural heritage experts, professionals and volunteers, public and private ...
- The call for the Land and Soil Management Award 2016/17 is now open!
Apply now for the Land and Soil Management Award 2016/17!
About the Award The prize rewards land use and soil management practices mitigating soil threats i.e. soil degradation, erosion, reduction of organic matter content, diffuse contamination, and compaction as well as the reduction of soil biodiversity, salinization, sealing, flooding and landslides. In doing so, the award sheds light ...
- Anders Wall Award 2016/17: Celebrating rural entrepreneurs – open for applications! Apply now for the Anders Wall Award 2016/17! Deadline: December 31
About the Award Anders Wall Foundation from Stockholm in association with the European Commission, Directorate General for the Environment, Brussels, the Royal Swedish Academy of Agriculture and Forestry and the “Friends of the Countryside”, has decided to introduce an award for individuals who have made a ...
- Cyd Ynni (National Trust Wales initiated and supported network) wins the Community Energy Award 2016! From Keith Jones
Last night in Oxford the National Trust Wales initiated and supported network “Cyd Ynni” was honoured by being awarded the collaboration award. Big thanks go to Grant Peisley at DEG for putting the network forward but the biggest thanks go to the 5 founding community companies of Cyd Ynni who are driving ...
- National PastForward Preservation Conference comes to Houston this fall – Deadline Approaching
We want to see you in Houston this November 15-18 for PastForward … and we want you to save by registering by September 15! Your participation at PastForward is important to the success of the conference. Questions you raise during the more than 40 unique educational sessions, discussions you have after the marquee TrustLive presentations, ...
- Focus on Livability at PastForward 2016, Nov. 15-18 (USA)
How can preservation play a greater role in securing healthier, more sustainable and just cities? And, how can the preservation movement as a whole be seen as a valuable resource and champion for livability in our communities?
This important discussion will take center stage at PastForward this fall in Houston. As one of the main ...
- Focus SDG11 The Future We Want (Sydney Australia) Sustainability Forum to mark World Habitat Day
A FULL DAY FORUM OF THREE INTERACTIVE SESSIONS LED BY EXPERT PANELLISTS AND SPEAKERS
An initiative of the United Nations Association of Australia Peace Program, FOCUS SDG11- THE FUTURE WE WANT will be held to mark World Habitat Day in Sydney, Australia on Wednesday, 5 October 2016. The forum will ...
- What 52 Projects Taught Me about Crowdfunding (National Trust Canada)
TO SUBSCRIBE TO REGENERATOIN CLICK HERE.
By Alison Faulknor
Behind every great heritage place is a passionate group of people united by a shared conviction that their place matters.
One of the great joys of helping to organize This Place Matters, the National Trust’s new crowdfunding platform, is the opportunity to get to know these people and their ...
- Latest news from INTO members in Canada, New Zealand and Zimbabwe (August 2016)
Check out the August newsletters from Heritage New Zealand and the National Trusts of Canada and Zimbabwe:
The National Trust for Canada, including more information on the amazing learning opportunities at their >Heritage Rising Conference in Hamilton this October
The >National Trust of Zimbabwe – a bumper edition with lots of photos and reports including finding Fort Gomo, a ...