INTO Asia Pacific Region
News from the Asia Pacific Region
- ICNT 17 Program Announced Subject to change.
Sunday, 10 September 2017
INTO Executive Committee Meeting
Venue: Wana Ubud Resort, Desa Nyuh Kuning
09.30-10.00: Registration & Coffee-Tea
10.00-12.00: INTO Executive Meeting
13.00-15.00: INTO Executive Meeting continued
15.00-15.30: Coffee Tea break
15.30-17.00: Heritage Walk at Desa Nyuh Kuning
Parallel: registration for ICNT 2017 delegates open from 12.00 at lobby of Wana Ubud Resort.
Monday, 11 September 2017
1). Opening of ICNT ...
- Focus SDG11 The Future We Want (Sydney Australia) Sustainability Forum to mark World Habitat Day
A FULL DAY FORUM OF THREE INTERACTIVE SESSIONS LED BY EXPERT PANELLISTS AND SPEAKERS
An initiative of the United Nations Association of Australia Peace Program, FOCUS SDG11- THE FUTURE WE WANT will be held to mark World Habitat Day in Sydney, Australia on Wednesday, 5 October 2016. The forum will ...
- Latest news from INTO members in Canada, New Zealand and Zimbabwe (August 2016)
Check out the August newsletters from Heritage New Zealand and the National Trusts of Canada and Zimbabwe:
The National Trust for Canada, including more information on the amazing learning opportunities at their >Heritage Rising Conference in Hamilton this October
The >National Trust of Zimbabwe – a bumper edition with lots of photos and reports including finding Fort Gomo, a ...
- National Trust of South Australia launches proposal for Martindale Hall, 15 May 2016
Speaking about the National Trust of South Australia’s plan to secure the future of Martindale Hall launched today, INTO Chairman Fiona Reynolds said:
“The National Trust of South Australia’s proposal for Martindale Hall exemplifies what is great about our global movement: a long-term, sustainable solution for a uniquely special place bringing genuine community benefit and drawing on ...
- INTO Chair Fiona Reynolds’ WORLD HERITAGE DAY SPEECH, 18 APRIL 2016 EMMANUEL COLLEGE, CAMBRIDGE, UK
Welcome to Cambridge on World Heritage Day! UNESCO established 18 April as International Day for Monuments and Sites (or World Heritage Day) back in 1983 with the aim of raising public awareness about the diversity and vulnerability of the world’s built monuments and heritage sites, and the efforts required to protect and ...
- ASIA HERITAGE NETWORK, A MELTING POT FOR ASIAN HERITAGE ACTIVISTS By: Catrini Kubontubuh Indonesian Heritage Trust, INTO Executive Committee member
The Asia Heritage Network (AHN) 2016 has been established as one of the outcomes of a symposium held in Penang, on 31st January 2013. Countries that participated in the symposium included Malaysia, Indonesia, Myanmar, Cambodia, Thailand, South Korea, Taiwan, Mainland China and Japan. This initiative saw ...
- Urban Polaris Event on World Heritage Day a resounding success Urban Polaris is a navigating and cycling event where teams must find their way around control points at selected heritage/historic locations. Each control point is given a point value that the competitors accumulate during the day. The team with the most points at the end of the seven hours is declared the winner. Successful teams ...
- Chief Executive Officer NATIONAL TRUST of AUSTRALIA (VICTORIA)
Outstanding opportunity to make a difference
Celebrating 60th anniversary
The premier heritage and conservation organisation in Victoria
The National Trust of Australia (Victoria) (NTAV) has a mission to inspire the community to appreciate, conserve and celebrate its natural, Indigenous and cultural heritage.
You will be a successful leader of an organisation with outstanding interpersonal skills and a track record ...
- CELEBRATE ISLAND 2016 – Request of photos for photo-exhibition WE HAVE RECEIVED THIS REQUEST FROM Celine DAMERY,
Chargée de mission Europe & International
Conservatoire du littoral
Bastide Beaumanoir – 3, rue Marcel Arnaud – F- 13100 Aix en Provence
We would like to announce to that the Conservatoire du littoral will organize this year the third edition of ” CELEBRATE ISLANDS “, initiated within the framework of ...
- Welcome to 2016 TEIA AGM & Family Day (Taiwan)
TEIA welcomes everyone, our members, volunteers, donors, friends and family, and anyone interested in our work to our “TEIA Family Day”. Meet face to face with our staff and learn about our environmental protection work at different sites in Taiwan in a fun way, join us for a day full of DIY sessions, fun games and video screening! (Photos from 2015 TEIA ...
- Visit to Indonesia and Malaysia, 6-21 Jan 2016 Report by Oliver Maurice – Director of Membership
1.1 Purpose of visit –
i) To attend the Asian Heritage Network (AHN) Symposium and spread the word about INTO among the delegates.
ii) To visit potential venues for the 17 ICNT, including hotels, conference centre and sites.
1.2 The Symposium
This took place over 3 days, 8-11 Jan, in the Karangasem Regency ...
- Anika Molesworth, INTO Farms Program Manager is going to COP 21 Anika Molesworth, our Volunteer who manages the INTO Farms Program (see our INTO Farms Website), is going to be a member of our delegation to COP 21.
She was recently interviewed by Australian Television. Here is a the video of the interview.
About INTO Sustainable Farms: