INTO Caribbean Region
Codrington College Barbados
Pigeon Island, Saint Lucia National Trust
News from the Caribbean Region
- 3Rd Caribbean Conference, Website now Live! Making heritage matter
Making heritage matter
Welcome to the brand-new website for the 3rd Caribbean conference of national trusts and preservation societies. Visit www.curacaoheritage.com, where you’ll find all the information for the November 2017 heritage conference. Discover the subject areas, program details, conference rates and accommodation information. We’ll be posting regular updates on the program, activities, the key-note speakers and ...
- Save the date 3rd Caribbean Conference National Trusts & Preservation
You are cordially invited to the 3rd Caribbean Conference National Trusts and Preservation Societies, which will be held in Curaçao in November 2017, hosted by Stichting Monumentenzorg Curaçao. Information regarding registration will follow soon.
- Fair Helen of the West Indies (Weekly blog, 30 May 2016) A blog by Catherine Leonard, Secretary-General
I’m told that Saint Lucia was named ‘Helen of the West Indies’ (Helen as in Troy) because the island kept switching hands between England and France, something that is very much in evidence when you visit, which I had the good fortune to do on my way back from Port of Spain last ...
- Conferencing in the Caribbean (Weekly blog, 22 May 2016) A blog by Catherine Leonard, INTO Secretary-General
Yesterday was UN Day of Cultural Diversity and I had the pleasure of celebrating it in Trinidad and Tobago, one of the most culturally diverse places I’ve ever been with its rich melting pot of African, French, Amerindian, Chinese, British, Indian, Spanish, Portuguese and other cultural influences.
I was in ...
- 2nd Caribbean Heritage Conservation Conference – Featured Speakers Named The National Trust of Trinidad and Tobago in partnership with Citizens for Conservation and ICOMOS Trinidad and Tobago would like to present two of our featured speakers,
Ms. Catherine Leonard and Mr. Michael Andrew Newton.
Ms. Leonard’s presentation is entitled “Global Threats to Heritage Sites” and Mr. Newton’s presentation is called “Adaptive Re-Use of Historic Structures”.
Feel free ...
- INTO Chair Fiona Reynolds’ WORLD HERITAGE DAY SPEECH, 18 APRIL 2016 EMMANUEL COLLEGE, CAMBRIDGE, UK
Welcome to Cambridge on World Heritage Day! UNESCO established 18 April as International Day for Monuments and Sites (or World Heritage Day) back in 1983 with the aim of raising public awareness about the diversity and vulnerability of the world’s built monuments and heritage sites, and the efforts required to protect and ...
- CELEBRATE ISLAND 2016 – Request of photos for photo-exhibition WE HAVE RECEIVED THIS REQUEST FROM Celine DAMERY,
Chargée de mission Europe & International
Conservatoire du littoral
Bastide Beaumanoir – 3, rue Marcel Arnaud – F- 13100 Aix en Provence
We would like to announce to that the Conservatoire du littoral will organize this year the third edition of ” CELEBRATE ISLANDS “, initiated within the framework of ...
- 2nd Caribbean Conference of National Trusts – Call for Papers and Draft Programme Just received from the National Trust of Trinidad and Tobago:
Call for Papers and Draft Programme attached for the 2nd Caribbean Conference of National Trusts &Preservation Societies in 2016. Shoot us an email if you have any further questions. Registration will be available this week!
Call for participation 2016
Heritage Conference Programme 2016
- International Groups Forge a Global Alliance for Bat Conservation International Groups Forge a Global Alliance for Bat Conservation
- Planning underway for The Second conference of Caribbean National Trusts
The second conference of Caribbean National Trusts and Conservation Societies will be held in May 2016 in Port of Spain Trinidad.
Citizens for Conservation will partner with ICOMOS Trinidad and Tobago and The National Trust of Trinidad and Tobago to provide a diverse and comprehensive conference program which will include papers and presentations from a cross ...
- World Wildlife Day 2015
UN General Assembly proclaims 3 March World Wildlife Day!
On 20 December 2013, the Sixty-eighth session of the United Nations General Assembly decided to proclaim 3 March, the day of the adoption of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES), as World Wildlife Day.
The General Assembly requested the CITES ...
- Philanthropy and Preservation: lessons from the U.K. An Article by Henry S. Fraser, Barbados
What moves some people to give and others to grasp? What determines generosity or altruism or selflessness and what determines the opposite. While recent research suggests there is a gene for altruism, the subject of giving is complex. A gift last week, from our son’s mother in law in ...