INTO North America Region
Grizzly Bear on the British Columbia Central Coast
Frank Lloyd Wright’s Falling Water
News from the North America Region
- 3Rd Caribbean Conference, Website now Live! Making heritage matter
Making heritage matter
Welcome to the brand-new website for the 3rd Caribbean conference of national trusts and preservation societies. Visit www.curacaoheritage.com, where you’ll find all the information for the November 2017 heritage conference. Discover the subject areas, program details, conference rates and accommodation information. We’ll be posting regular updates on the program, activities, the key-note speakers and ...
- Call for Presenters – Keeping History Above Water
Keeping History Above Water – Annapolis October 29 – November 1 2017
An international gathering on adapting historic coastal communities to sea level rise Hosted by the City of Annapolis with
Support from the Newport Restoration Foundation.
October 29 – November 1, 2017
Call for Presenters
Originally convened by the Newport Restoration Foundation in April 2016, Keeping History Above Water ...
- Apply for a Two-week Preservation Fellowship Apply for a Two-Week Preservation Fellowship
Spend two weeks in July at the Marcel Breuer House in NY working on your preservation project through the 2017 Pocantico Fellowship. Applications are due March 31. Visit Forum.SavingPlaces.org/Pocantico for complete details.
- INTRODUCING THE NATIONAL TRUST FOR CANADA WEBINAR SERIES
Looking to start your New Year on the right foot? We’re launching a new webinar series chalk full of creative ideas and practical solutions to save and renew your heritage place. Whether you are working for a non-profit organization, actively involved in the regeneration of a heritage place, or planning for a downtown revitalization, ...
- PastForward 2016 Video’s now on-line 2016 PastForward Videos
If you couldn’t make it to PastForward last month, now’s your chance to see what all the fuss was about. Watch and share videos from last month’s conference on YouTube. Available videos include the Opening Plenary with keynotes by the National Trust for Historic Preservation’s Stephanie Meeks, Stephen Klineberg from the Kinder Institute ...
- Moonshine! 7th Blog from Marrakech Two nights ago we were watching a super-super moon where the moon appeared bigger and brighter than for many years. And it will be many years before it happens again.
This morning we had a little more moonshine in the form of Ban Ki-moon, the outgoing UN Secretary General. It was his last appearance at the ...
- Inspirational or what ? Blog 6 from COP 22
The man who has given his all to defend the world from the effects of climate change spoke inspirationally this morning to an audience of at least 800. John Kerry, Secretary of State for the US Government, gave a hugely uplifting speech on the state of play with climate change despite there being absolutely no ...
- Virtually Attend the PastForward Conference for Free
If you can’t make it to the National Trust for Historic Preservation’s annual conference, PastForward, Nov. 15-18 in Houston, join us virtually for free. Select conference programming will be live-streamed. as a virtual attendee today.
If you can’t make it to the National Trust for Historic Preservation’s annual conference, PastForward, Nov. 15-18 in Houston, ...
- Save the date 3rd Caribbean Conference National Trusts & Preservation
You are cordially invited to the 3rd Caribbean Conference National Trusts and Preservation Societies, which will be held in Curaçao in November 2017, hosted by Stichting Monumentenzorg Curaçao. Information regarding registration will follow soon.
- Virtual Attendance at the PastForward Conference, Nov. 15-18
If you can’t make it to PastForward 2016 next month, join us as a virtual attendee.
Live streaming at PastForward is FREE and can be done in the comfort of your home or the convenience of your office. While we want everyone to register as a full conference attendee and participate in all the programming, networking events, ...
- Veteran of the global National Trust movement, William Zuill We were all very sorry to hear of the passing of William S. Zuill, a stalwart supporter of the global National Trust movement and regular participant at the International Conference of National Trusts (ICNT), attending nearly every one until Delhi in 2007.
William Zuill became the first Executive Director of the Bermuda National Trust in 1972 ...
- preservationPLACES (PastForward 2016 November 15-18) USA
This year at PastForward, November 15-18 in Houston we’re exploring how the activation of historic places can better teach history, tell stories, and promote reconciliation and healing. With the preservationPLACES track, discover how historic site stewardship, interpretation, and planning are evolving to address contemporary challenges and make sites vital and relevant resources in their communities.