INTO North America Region
Grizzly Bear on the British Columbia Central Coast
Frank Lloyd Wright’s Falling Water
News from the North America Region
- PastForward Preservation Conference–Livestreaming Nov 13-16
Virtually Attend the PastForward Preservation Conference for Free
PastForward is the premier educational and networking event for those who are passionate about saving places, and if you can’t be there in person in San Francisco, join virtually November 13-16. Select conference programming including the Welcome Address and the Closing Luncheon will be livestreamed. In addition, the ...
- HTHP Forum Seeking Articles About Intangible Heritage The Preservation Leadership Forum at the National Trust for Historic Preservation is soliciting article submissions for a forthcoming Forum Journal issue dedicated to intangible heritage.
In our effort to represent all the histories that comprise the full American story, preservationists are learning how much of what we need to save is intangible. We must find ways ...
- Free Livestreaming with Preservation Leadership Forum Upcoming Livestreaming Events: Climate Change and Intangible Heritage
Forum would like to invite you to two upcoming livestreaming events on Forum.SavingPlaces.org. Join both of these events online:
September 7: The Living Heritage Symposium will gather cultural heritage experts—from policy-makers to activists—working together to develop best practices for the treatment of cultural heritage, including intangible heritage.
September 12: The ...
- Preservation Leadership Training Intensive at PastForward Conference, Nov. 13 in San Francisco
Held during the PastForward Conference in San Francisco, the Preservation Leadership Training (PLT) Intensives on Tuesday, November 13 are day-long, highly-focused, skill-building sessions that are a value-add for the preservation professional. This year there will be a training on the latest in preservation law, as well as a hands-on cultural landscape assessment workshop. Add a ...
- Register Today and Save for the PastForward Preservation Conference in San Francisco
Register Today and Save for the PastForward Preservation Conference in San Francisco
Register by July 31 and save for the premier educational and networking event for those who are passionate about saving places. This year PastForward will feature iconic San Francisco, but also show you a progressive city that is tackling climate change and urban density ...
- US/ICOMOS resolution on US involvement with World Heritage
In response to the US’s announced withdrawal from UNESCO, and recent information that the Trump administration is radically reducing US engagement in World Heritage matters, including by the NPS & State Department, US/ICOMOS has produced a resolution urging the US to maintain full engagement in the World Heritage Convention:
Resolution on the Engagement by the ...
- Two-week Summer Preservation Fellow in Pocantico, NY–Applications due Mar 30 Apply for a Two-Week Preservation Fellowship
Applications for the 2018 Pocantico Center Preservation Fellowship are due March 30. This two-week residential fellowship in July at the historic Marcel Breuer House in Pocantico Hills, NY, allows for dedicated time for a defined project with significant benefit to the preservation field. Visit Forum.SavingPlaces.org/Pocantico for complete details and online ...
- Richard H. Driehaus Foundation National Preservation Awards Awarded at PastForward Conference
The National Trust for Historic Preservation recognized its annual series of Preservation Awards recipients last November at the PastForward Conference in Chicago. Among the award categories is the coveted Richard H. Driehaus Foundation National Preservation Awards, which recognize and celebrate the country’s best preservation projects—projects that highlight cutting-edge preservation approaches or technologies. This is the highest national recognition bestowed ...
- Storytelling Tech Webinar January 16th
The National Trust for Historic Preservation (US) is hosting a FREE webinar:
Storytelling Tech Webinar Jan. 16
Register today for a FREE webinar from Preservation Leadership Forum featuring three projects that leverage digital technology to tell the broader American story. Hear practical tips and learn more about exciting new tools.
Did you miss PastForward 2017? Or ...
- Request for support from the National Trust for Historic Preservation (USA)
On Monday, President Trump announced an 85 percent reduction in the land area of Bears Ears National Monument in southeast Utah. This is a monumental mistake. Join us in urging your lawmakers in Washington to show their support for the preservation of this priceless cultural landscape.
In the words of Utah Navajo elder Mark Maryboy, “Bears ...
- CAPITALizing on Heritage National Trust for Canada – APT 2017 Joint Conference
CAPITALizing on Heritage
In association with the Canadian Association of Heritage Professionals
Conference Videos and Photos now online
The National Trust for Canada – APT Joint Conference, CAPITALizing on Heritage, that wrapped up October 14, was the largest heritage conference ever held in Canada with 1,133 registered delegates, 7 streams ...
- PastForward Preservation Conference: Virtual Attendance If you can’t make it to PastForward 2017 next month (Nov. 14-17), join as a virtual attendee.
Livestreaming at PastForward is FREE and can be done in the comfort of your home or the convenience of your office. The Opening Plenary and Closing Luncheon, as well as the TrustLive presentations focusing on preservation and health, technology, and ...