INTO North America Region
Grizzly Bear on the British Columbia Central Coast
Frank Lloyd Wright’s Falling Water
News from the North America Region
- Preservation Leadership Forum is hosting two free webinars in January Preservation Leadership Forum is hosting two free webinars in January—Opportunity Zones and the Preservation Community< on January 17 and Rosenwald Schools GIS Project on January 30. Visit Forum.SavingPlaces.org/forum-webinar for more details.
- Videos from the November PastForward conference in San Francisco now posted
Watch select programming from last year’s PastForward conference in San Francisco on the #PastForward18 YouTube Playlist. The playlist includes the TrustLive presentations, which kicked off conversations around the main PastForward 2018 themes: the culture-nature connection, intangible heritage, and resilience. Videos of the awards presentations, as well as the Opening and Closing remarks are available on the playlist.
- Preservation Awards: Call for Nominations
Nominate a Deserving Individual, Organization, or Project Now!
The call for nominations for the 2019 National Preservation Awards is now open. Honor the people, places, and organizations making a difference and submit your nominations by February 1.
Award categories include:
Richard H. Driehaus Foundation National Preservation Awards: Celebrating the “best of the best” in preservation projects.
The Louise du ...
- PastForward Preservation Conference–Livestreaming Nov 13-16
Virtually Attend the PastForward Preservation Conference for Free
PastForward is the premier educational and networking event for those who are passionate about saving places, and if you can’t be there in person in San Francisco, join virtually November 13-16. Select conference programming including the Welcome Address and the Closing Luncheon will be livestreamed. In addition, the ...
- HTHP Forum Seeking Articles About Intangible Heritage The Preservation Leadership Forum at the National Trust for Historic Preservation is soliciting article submissions for a forthcoming Forum Journal issue dedicated to intangible heritage.
In our effort to represent all the histories that comprise the full American story, preservationists are learning how much of what we need to save is intangible. We must find ways ...
- Free Livestreaming with Preservation Leadership Forum Upcoming Livestreaming Events: Climate Change and Intangible Heritage
Forum would like to invite you to two upcoming livestreaming events on Forum.SavingPlaces.org. Join both of these events online:
September 7: The Living Heritage Symposium will gather cultural heritage experts—from policy-makers to activists—working together to develop best practices for the treatment of cultural heritage, including intangible heritage.
September 12: The ...
- Preservation Leadership Training Intensive at PastForward Conference, Nov. 13 in San Francisco
Held during the PastForward Conference in San Francisco, the Preservation Leadership Training (PLT) Intensives on Tuesday, November 13 are day-long, highly-focused, skill-building sessions that are a value-add for the preservation professional. This year there will be a training on the latest in preservation law, as well as a hands-on cultural landscape assessment workshop. Add a ...
- Register Today and Save for the PastForward Preservation Conference in San Francisco
Register Today and Save for the PastForward Preservation Conference in San Francisco
Register by July 31 and save for the premier educational and networking event for those who are passionate about saving places. This year PastForward will feature iconic San Francisco, but also show you a progressive city that is tackling climate change and urban density ...
- US/ICOMOS resolution on US involvement with World Heritage
In response to the US’s announced withdrawal from UNESCO, and recent information that the Trump administration is radically reducing US engagement in World Heritage matters, including by the NPS & State Department, US/ICOMOS has produced a resolution urging the US to maintain full engagement in the World Heritage Convention:
Resolution on the Engagement by the ...
- Two-week Summer Preservation Fellow in Pocantico, NY–Applications due Mar 30 Apply for a Two-Week Preservation Fellowship
Applications for the 2018 Pocantico Center Preservation Fellowship are due March 30. This two-week residential fellowship in July at the historic Marcel Breuer House in Pocantico Hills, NY, allows for dedicated time for a defined project with significant benefit to the preservation field. Visit Forum.SavingPlaces.org/Pocantico for complete details and online ...
- Richard H. Driehaus Foundation National Preservation Awards Awarded at PastForward Conference
The National Trust for Historic Preservation recognized its annual series of Preservation Awards recipients last November at the PastForward Conference in Chicago. Among the award categories is the coveted Richard H. Driehaus Foundation National Preservation Awards, which recognize and celebrate the country’s best preservation projects—projects that highlight cutting-edge preservation approaches or technologies. This is the highest national recognition bestowed ...
- Storytelling Tech Webinar January 16th
The National Trust for Historic Preservation (US) is hosting a FREE webinar:
Storytelling Tech Webinar Jan. 16
Register today for a FREE webinar from Preservation Leadership Forum featuring three projects that leverage digital technology to tell the broader American story. Hear practical tips and learn more about exciting new tools.
Did you miss PastForward 2017? Or ...