INTO North America Region
Grizzly Bear on the British Columbia Central Coast
Frank Lloyd Wright’s Falling Water
News from the North America Region
- Princess Dana to speak at ICNT Princess Dana Firas is to join the stellar line-up of speakers at next month’s ICNT in Bermuda. President of the Petra National Trust, Jordan’s oldest national non-governmental organisation in the field of heritage protection and preservation, she has been working for more than two decades to promote cultural heritage preservation, education and sustainable development in ...
- Online Learning: Ensuring Perpetuity: Effective Easement (Covenant) Monitoring
Date & Time: March 13, 2019 from 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm ET (1:00 pm – 2:00 pm MT)
NOTE: In much of the world easements are known as Covenants. They are essentially the same thing.
Full Description: Monitoring is a critical component of a preservation organization’s easement program. While regular monitoring is important to establish a ...
- Preservation Leadership Forum: Upcoming Trainings
Learn more about the following Preservation Leadership Trainings® at Forum.SavingPlaces.org/conferences-training: ReImagining Intersections at Historic Sites (Feb.27-Mar. 1, Washington, D.C.) will provide attendees with the tools and strategies to center underrepresented stories at historic sites; Telling the Full History at Our Historic Sites (Mar. 27, Hartford, CT) will offer strategies and tools to understand, interpret, and ...
- TrustLive: Resaving Saved Places Livestream (Feb. 5) — no cost to virtually attend
Is a place ever truly saved? Fifty years after the passage of the National Historic Preservation Act and decades since we secured the future of places like Larimar Square in Colorado and the Ashley River Road near Charleston, we find ourselves revisiting familiar places confronting new threats. Resaving Saved Places will feature a keynote by ...
- Preservation Leadership Forum is hosting two free webinars in January Preservation Leadership Forum is hosting two free webinars in January—Opportunity Zones and the Preservation Community< on January 17 and Rosenwald Schools GIS Project on January 30. Visit Forum.SavingPlaces.org/forum-webinar for more details.
- Videos from the November PastForward conference in San Francisco now posted
Watch select programming from last year’s PastForward conference in San Francisco on the #PastForward18 YouTube Playlist. The playlist includes the TrustLive presentations, which kicked off conversations around the main PastForward 2018 themes: the culture-nature connection, intangible heritage, and resilience. Videos of the awards presentations, as well as the Opening and Closing remarks are available on the playlist.
- Preservation Awards: Call for Nominations
Nominate a Deserving Individual, Organization, or Project Now!
The call for nominations for the 2019 National Preservation Awards is now open. Honor the people, places, and organizations making a difference and submit your nominations by February 1.
Award categories include:
Richard H. Driehaus Foundation National Preservation Awards: Celebrating the “best of the best” in preservation projects.
The Louise du ...
- PastForward Preservation Conference–Livestreaming Nov 13-16
Virtually Attend the PastForward Preservation Conference for Free
PastForward is the premier educational and networking event for those who are passionate about saving places, and if you can’t be there in person in San Francisco, join virtually November 13-16. Select conference programming including the Welcome Address and the Closing Luncheon will be livestreamed. In addition, the ...
- HTHP Forum Seeking Articles About Intangible Heritage The Preservation Leadership Forum at the National Trust for Historic Preservation is soliciting article submissions for a forthcoming Forum Journal issue dedicated to intangible heritage.
In our effort to represent all the histories that comprise the full American story, preservationists are learning how much of what we need to save is intangible. We must find ways ...
- Free Livestreaming with Preservation Leadership Forum Upcoming Livestreaming Events: Climate Change and Intangible Heritage
Forum would like to invite you to two upcoming livestreaming events on Forum.SavingPlaces.org. Join both of these events online:
September 7: The Living Heritage Symposium will gather cultural heritage experts—from policy-makers to activists—working together to develop best practices for the treatment of cultural heritage, including intangible heritage.
September 12: The ...
- Preservation Leadership Training Intensive at PastForward Conference, Nov. 13 in San Francisco
Held during the PastForward Conference in San Francisco, the Preservation Leadership Training (PLT) Intensives on Tuesday, November 13 are day-long, highly-focused, skill-building sessions that are a value-add for the preservation professional. This year there will be a training on the latest in preservation law, as well as a hands-on cultural landscape assessment workshop. Add a ...
- Register Today and Save for the PastForward Preservation Conference in San Francisco
Register Today and Save for the PastForward Preservation Conference in San Francisco
Register by July 31 and save for the premier educational and networking event for those who are passionate about saving places. This year PastForward will feature iconic San Francisco, but also show you a progressive city that is tackling climate change and urban density ...